Section 107.77 Change of name or address.
(a) Change of name. An application to change the name on a certificate issued under this subpart must be accompanied by the applicant’s:
(1) Remote pilot certificate with small UAS rating; and
(2) A copy of the marriage license, court order, or other document verifying the name change.
(b) The documents in paragraph (a) of this section will be returned to the applicant after inspection.
(c) Change of address. The holder of a remote pilot certificate with small UAS rating issued under this subpart who has made a change in permanent mailing address may not, after 30 days from that date, exercise the privileges of the certificate unless the holder has notified the FAA of the change in address using one of the following methods:
(1) By letter to the FAA Airman Certification Branch, P.O. Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125 providing the new permanent mailing address, or if the permanent mailing address includes a post office box number, then the holder’s current residential address; or
(2) By using the FAA Web site portal at www.faa.gov providing the new permanent mailing address, or if the permanent mailing address includes a post office box number, then the holder’s current residential address.
My Commentary on Section 107.77 Change of name or address.
It’s important that you give the FAA your correct address because if they need to mail you something, like a certificate revocation, they fine you if you don’t turn over your certificate timely.
FAA’s Discussion on Section 107.77 Change of name or address from the Final Small Unmanned Aircraft Rule
This rule will extend the existing change-of-mailing-address requirement of part 61
to holders of a remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating. Specifically § 107.77(c)
will require a certificate holder who has made a change in permanent mailing address to
notify the FAA within 30 days of making the address change. Failure to do so will prohibit
the certificate holder from exercising the privileges of the airman certificate until he or she
has notified the FAA of the changed address. This regulatory provision will help ensure
that the FAA is able to contact airman certificate holders. The FAA did not receive any
adverse comments on this provision when it was proposed in the NPRM.
Latest posts by Jonathan Rupprecht (see all)
- Robert Taylor v. FAA- 2nd Drone Registration Class Action Lawsuit - January 16, 2018
- Section 107.79 Voluntary surrender of certificate. (2018) - December 20, 2017
- Section 107.77 Change of name or address. (2018) - December 20, 2017